Welcome from the Headteacher
It is with a great sense of privilege that I welcome you to apply for a post at Our Lady’s Convent High School. We are driven by the desire to understand how students learn, to provide CPD focused on Professional Learning, and to work together to put the very best practise into place in the classrooms of this school.
Our Lady’s Convent High School has delivered high quality education for many years and has the potential to be a truly outstanding school. It is a wonderful place to work if you are a dedicated and passionate individual, who enjoys their work and wants to make a difference.
If you take the time to visit us, which I hope you will do, you will discover for yourself that we are a vibrant, diverse, exciting, inner city school. Our students want to do well, to be taught by enthusiastic teachers and to be part of a caring community. I am passionate about making this school the very best it can be and this is, without doubt, a team effort.
We change people’s lives and your work will be integral to our success in doing this.
Some key facts about our school
We are a small, four form entry school, with 750 students, which means:
- we do know every individual
- relationships between staff and students are built with ease in a supportive environment
- discipline can be maintained as all students are known and valued
- classrooms can be creative, ‘risk taking’ environments for effective teachers
We were very fortunate to be part of the Building Schools for the Future programme, which means we:
- work in a light and spacious building
- have well designed, modern classrooms
- have a school chapel, 6 purpose built science labs, drama and dance studios, sports hall and outdoor multi-games area, and much more!
We have an Ofsted rating of Good and are working to gain an Outstanding, which means we:
- are not complacent and are always developing and growing
- have high expectations in everything: standards of uniform and behaviour, levels of support and nurture, and quality of teaching and learning
- have a sound basis on which to move to outstanding
We are an all-girls Catholic school (with a mixed Sixth Form) which means we:
- are a faith community
- have a strong and tangible sense of unity and community
- have an explicit moral purpose to our work
I very much hope that you will take the time to visit us and look forward to receiving your application.
Ms Justine McDonald